Saturday 22nd – Sunday 23rd June 2019
At Berkshire County Sports, Sonning Lane, Reading RG4 6ST
Woodley Saints is a thriving community charter status football club based near Reading with deep roots in the local area. We have a reputation for setting the standards for running very popular and outstanding annual football tournaments. It was one of the reasons that we were the first club to be named Berks and Bucks Charter Standard Community Club of the Year. We offer separate competitions for strong, average and developing teams. Half of our 300+ entries come from clubs outside Berks & Bucks.
Some of the reasons for the tournament’s popularity include:
- more than one competition at most age groups, allowing teams to compete against those of similar ability
- a very experienced tournament team – 2019 is our 31st tournament!
- only short breaks of about 20 – 30 minutes between league matches
- exceptional playing facilities in a beautiful setting
- various side stalls
- excellent refreshment facilities
- a reputation as a sporting and fun tournament run in a friendly atmosphere
- qualification of all teams for the knock-out stages at Under 9s and above
- quality individual medals and team trophies
- excellent first aid services provided by Pre-Med.
Under 7s (i.e. under 7 on 01.09.18) and Under 8s will play 5-a-side with squads of up to 9 players and will play 6 matches against teams of similar ability with all players receiving a participation medal. The top two teams in each league will play a challenge match for a team trophy.
Rising Under 7s will play in a festival format to enable clubs to stream teams for the 2019/20 season.
Under 9s and above will play 6-a-side with squads of up to 8 players. They will normally play 5 league matches. Then every team will enter a knock-out competition playing against teams who have had similar success. Individual medals will be presented to all winners and runners-up in the main play-offs and consolation competitions. There will be team trophies to keep for the winners of both the main play-offs and consolation competitions.
Competitions from U7s to U15s will be open to both male and female players. There will also be separate competitions for girls teams at U7/8, U9/10, U11/12, U13/14s and U15/16s.
For most age groups depending on applications there will be separate competitions for strong (A), average (B), weak (C) and very weak (D) teams played over 16 pitches. The provisional tournament schedule below.
Provisional Tournament Schedule
Saturday 22nd June
am: Under 7s, Under 11s, Girls Under 11/12, Girls Under 13/14 and Girls Under 15/16
pm: Under 9s, Under 13s and Under 15s
Sunday 23rd June
am: Under 8s, Under 12s, Girls Under 7/8s and Girls Under 9/10s
pm: Under 6s, Under 10s and Under 14s
Entries will be accepted on-line from mid-January 2019. The entry fee is £35 per team (£30 for U7s/U8s and £20 for U6s and Girls teams).
- Complete an Online Application Form for each team you wish to enter.
- You will receive confirmation of your ‘Provisional’ entry via email
- The Tournament Administrator for your age group will check availability in your age group and will via email either:
- If space is available: Send An Invitation email confirming a place has been allocated and giving payment details
- If space is not available: Send An email notifying you that you have been placed on a Waiting list
- Once Payment has been received, your place will be confirmed and you will receive an email confirming this
- THREE to FOUR weeks before the tournament, the fixtures will be made available on the Woodley Saints Website and you will be emailed to notify you of their availability
Entries are accepted on a first-come first-served basis. The closing date for entries is 30th April 2019 although a few places may still be available after this date.
If you are unable to complete the on-line entry then you can download the appropriate entry form to either attach to an e-mail or to send by post with a cheque to the address detailed on the form. Click here to download the E-Mail Entry Form Form or Click here to download the Postal Entry Form
The Tournament Administrator will then add your team if spaces are available. An email address for correspondence will still be required.
At most age groups there will be both an A tournament for stronger teams and a B tournament for other teams. At some age groups there may even be C and D competitions. You can indicate any preference you have on the Application Form based on your current league division and position.