Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th June 2018
At Berkshire County Sports, Sonning Lane, Reading RG4 6ST
Woodley Saints is a thriving community charter status football club based near Reading with deep roots in the local area. We have a reputation for setting the standards for running very popular and outstanding annual football tournaments. It was one of the reasons that we were the first club to be named Berks and Bucks Charter Standard Community Club of the Year. We offer separate competitions for strong, average and developing teams. Half of our 300+ entries come from clubs outside Berks & Bucks.
Some of the reasons for the tournament’s popularity include:
- more than one competition at most age groups, allowing teams to compete against those of similar ability
- a very experienced tournament team – this is our 30th tournament!
- only short breaks of about 20 – 30 minutes between league matches
- exceptional playing facilities in a beautiful setting
- various side stalls
- excellent refreshment facilities
- a reputation as a sporting and fun tournament run in a friendly atmosphere
- qualification of all teams for the knock-out stages at Under 9s and above
- quality individual medals and team trophies
- excellent first aid services provided by Pre-Med.
Under 7s (i.e. under 7 on 01.09.17) and Under 8s will play 5-a-side with squads of up to 9 players and will play 6 matches against teams of similar ability with all players receiving a participation medal. The top two teams in each league will play a challenge match for a team trophy.
Rising Under 7s will play in a festival format to enable clubs to stream teams for the 2018/9 season.
Under 9s and above will play 6-a-side with squads of up to 8 players. They will normally play 5 league matches. Then every team will enter a knock-out competition playing against teams who have had similar success. Individual medals will be presented to all winners and runners-up in the main play-offs and consolation competitions. There will be team trophies to keep for the winners of both the main play-offs and consolation competitions.
Competitions from U7s to U16s will be open to both male and female players. There will also be separate competitions for girls teams at U9/U10s, U11/12s, U13/14s and U15/16s.
For most age groups there will be separate competitions for strong (A), average (B), weak (C) and very weak (D) teams
Entries will be accepted on-line from mid-January 2018.